Festival season is in full swing!
Yes it's that time again folks. The season when Irish revelers (including the GETTHATGADGET CREW) will travel from all parts of the country in their droves to their preferred music festival/festivals.
The Irish are well known throughout the Globe for their party spirit and ability to 'have the craic' like no other nation.
Unfortunately we are not so renowned for our meticulous planning. The average Irish checklist for festivals mainly contain what booze to bring and how to transport it from car to campsite easily. This predisposition can leave us unprepared for the real world issues that present themselves at these events.
But worry not dear reader here at GETTHATGADGET.IE we've compiled The Essential Music Festival Survival Guide.
- Always buy a decent tent. You will only appreciate the extra few quid you've spent on quality item once you've spent a weekend in a hurricane with a leaking €20 tent from argos.
- Jacks roll. Oh yes an essential! The toilet facilities maybe someway acceptable on the Friday but by Saturday, the slums of Calcutta will seem like a better location to do your doodys. Also after Friday even the cleaners wont spend long enough in this treacherous environment to replace bog roll.... You have been warned!
- On the same theme as the previous tip, don't expect soap to be available. That's why hand sanitizer/anti bacterial gel is a must. That is unless you like the possibility of ending your weekend by contracting the consumption or river blindness.
- Sunscreen or "factor" as it is exclusively called in our country. Yes we're the only country to refer to it by this name....!!! If you are blessed enough to have the rare experience of an Irish music festival accompanied with the big hot yellow thing that's usually hidden behind rain clouds make sure you're stocked up and well protected from the welcomed rays. Looking like a lobster by Saturday and peeling by Sunday is not festival chic!
- Earplugs!! We've all experienced it. Picture the scene, you've got there early found the perfect spot surrounded by like-minded festival heads. Partied non-stop. You return burnt out Saturday night hanging for sleep to find that seemingly the biggest bogeys in the world have squeezed in to your prime festival real estate. They will spend the night repeatedly singing the Wolfe Tones greatest hits at a headwrecking volume....
- Wet wipes... That's right not just for removing make up or wiping babies arses. These badboys are probably the nearest you'll get to a shower.
- Wellies..We've been blessed the last few weeks with glorious sunshine but this may not be the case or gigs in the later months of the summer. This is an obvious one you'd think. But we've all witnessed the novice hobbling about in flip flops or sandals. Later seen paying the rip-off prices at the welly stall. How can they justify charging 50 euro a pair. Simple supply and demand because of naive people in silly footwear.
- Last one folks but the most valuable piece of advice. Ask yourself these questions: How many times have fretted over phone battery percentage? Have you spent the bones of a day queuing at the charging stations? Worry no more GetthatGADGET.ie stock the essential product for phone users. The power bank. A portable charger for your phone just plug it in and you've instantly got 5 hours worth of charging to your phone never miss posting a ridiculous photo you'll regret again. Powerbanks really are a necessity for Music Festivals. They can be used to power bluetooth speakers at the campsite as well! These are available now at our store in various power options and colours. So grab 'em while they're still in stock. BUY NOW! Yes yes a shameless plug by us I hear you say. But we're only trying to help!